John D Cogan 2B an artist

Thanks for visiting my blog. Check out my web page at www.JohnCogan.com

Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Snapshots of a painting in progress part 2

 Here is step two of the 50 by 22 inch painting which I am calling "The Warmth of the Sun".  This is the block-in stage.  I should not have to make any major corrections from now on, only minor ones.

Below is the 19 by 8.5 inch preliminary study.  Notice that, having been very happy with the study, I have stayed very close to it in the initial block-in.



2 comments:

  1. Hi John, thanks for sharing your process. Are you posting links to your blog on Facebook and Twitter?

    I'll post a link to you on my Twitter and FB page since I'd like to share this info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have been putting a note on both FB and Twitter. Thanks for adding a link.

    ReplyDelete