John D Cogan 2B an artist

Thanks for visiting my blog. Check out my web page at www.JohnCogan.com

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

THE WARMTH OF THE SUN - finished painting

My studio painting for the 2011 Grand Canyon Celebration of Art is finished!  This is a view from an overlook on the West Rim drive at which I painted last year.  The Kaibab Limestone Rocks are so warm and bright, lit from behind by the late afternoon sun. I first became aware of this spot a few years ago when I saw a painting Curt Walters had done from here.  I now think of the overlook as the "Curt Walters Overlook".  If you are at the Grand Canyon, it is the second overlook past Mohave Point on the West Rim.

1 comment:

  1. The amount of detail here is really breathtaking John. Great, great job!

    ReplyDelete