John D Cogan 2B an artist

Thanks for visiting my blog. Check out my web page at www.JohnCogan.com

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Day of Rest

I love painting and drawing.  I feel sometimes like I could do it 24/7. But when I have tried to go non-stop for long periods of time, I have found I get tired.  I need a break once in a while.  Not just to eat and sleep, but to do other things; to give my mind a break from thinking about art.

Years ago I started taking off the Sabbath (Sunday in my case) to rest from my work.  And I get more done working six days than seven.  During the French Revolution and the Enlightenment, the proponents of the decimal system tried to switch to a ten-day week.  It did not succeed because people get tired after six days and cannot seem to make it through nine.  Seven seems to be the right number of days in a human week.  Seems like God got it right and the Sabbath IS a gift of rest to us humans.  Take it and enjoy it!
John.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. :)

    Internet breaks seem to help too. Especially blogging haha.

    ReplyDelete